Mk 13:7-8
To whom does God choose to reveal His will? Why did He tell Simeon and Anna that they would see the Messiah, and not Caiaphas or Herod? Why not Nicodemus?
Why did God reveal to the magi the meaning of the star? Why not to the chief priests?
Why does God choose one person over another, to whom to reveal His intentions?
Who am I to say that God has not revealed His word in greater fulness to Ellen White or Joseph Smith or Billy Graham? All I can do is test the words they say and watch the actions they perform, those outward manifestations of the inner person. If the man is a philanderer and a charlatan, do not his works speak for themselves? If the man is a godly man that strives to serve Christ, then do not his actions also speak?
It's up to his master, whether a servant rises or falls. Who am I to judge the servant of another? I can choose to follow a man or not, to heed his words and teachings or not, but I cannot choose to condemn him or not; I cannot judge him true or false. It's not my job, not my responsibility, and not my prerogative.
It is my job to listen to the Word of God. It is my job to seek out God's will in my life. It is my responsibility to strive to show the Word of God in my life to others—this is what Jesus says: “Let your light so shine before men that they might see your works, and give praise to the Father in Heaven.” “If you confess My Name before men, then I will confess your name before My Father in Heaven.”
And others, when they see me, can only judge me by my own actions. They cannot see whether my heart serves in contrition or in contempt; they can't know whether I seek the praise of God or the praise of men. All they can judge are the things I do.
What am I telling people about my message in the things I do? Am I telling people that I am a faithful servant of God, trying to do His will? Or am I telling people that the Word of God in my life is a fraud?
God forbid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment